ReefCleaners.org

New RetroKit Bulb died :(

stonepran

Had my custom sealife retro kit for about 2 weeks now, when I noticed today the blue 03 isn't turning on :(. I put the working bulb on the other cap to make sure it wasn't a power problem, and it worked fine. Has anyone returned bulbs to custom sealife? wondering if anyone could share their experience, any type of return warranty?!

Thanks

:(

Thanks for the responce...

The pins seems perfectly fine, not bent at all. I'm sure the blue was working the previous night. But once the lights turned on today, I noticed the blue was just not on :(. I sent custom sealife an email and hopefully I'll get a return email :x

check the 'bridge' between the tubes. that part is notoriously weak (i.e. thin glass). actinics are more prone to this than daylight bulbs for some reason ime (maybe just my 'good luck' X) ).

temperature fluxes can stress that to breakage (as would jostling or twittling). occasionally, i've seen the 'shock' of turning on as enough to push the point to failure or even just the expansion/contraction of the bulb cooling down.

can't hurt to ask for the replacement.

Archived