inTank Media Baskets

Fish Collection in Yorba Linda F-------------

tow-up

well to say i was displeased would be a huge understatement.

I walked into the store and saw 2 very nice display tanks. I also noticed they were doing some remodeling and had cords all over the ground without a warning... i almost tripped on one. (my fault im guessing but it wouldnt have hurt to let me know there would be stray cords over the only entrance.) so i see their livestock tanks. nice fish i think i only saw 1 sick/dieing one. I saw a BLACK PERC!!! for those of you who dont know ive been trying to get a pair of black percs for a while now. so i ask the lady "owner" lets call her Mrs. X for now. I ask her if she could order me another black percula if i paid for it in advance. She says we have that one. so i say i would like to purchase that one but i really want 2. So she says a bit louder We have that one only!! so i say uh ok. and walk off to the coral section. Louis (wees) and i walk around the shop looking at the corals and arrive at the ANY coral in the tank is 59.99. and i spot this nice zooanthid rock with a leather growing on it. So Forgeting about the attitude i recieved from her about the perc ask her to bag up the yellow zoo rock for me. (im not one to judge a store by 1 rude comment.) so she grabs a bag and says which one? i point to the big zoo rock. and she says that is not for sale unless you pay me 10 dollars a pound for the rock its attached to. So im like but the sign says any coral in this tank is 59.99 and if im not mistaken a zooanthid is a coral. So i sit there saying no matter what its atached to a coral is a coral and as long as its in that tank it should be for sale for 59.99!! She says "IT's MY animal and I DONT want to sell it anymore......." so me and louis are liek if its in that tank and the sign on the tank says any coral in this tank for 59.99 should be for sale for 59.99!! dont you all agree? Well im now over it and looking at some rics and zoos in a different tank, but she keeps following us and saying Aren't i right? arent i right?.....(was gettign annyoed) so louis starts talking back "it's your coral and you can do what you want but that still isn't right" so im still looking and i see 2 zoo rocks so i ask her to bag them up. she does so and then im about to ask for a ricordia rock and shes still on the same subject and louis is sarguin our case. and shes like fine then i wont sell you anything....... so now im mad too and im like wtf is your problem. she walks away so i told her she was wrong and called her a few names. and walked out. all in all i was disgusted with their customer treatment. I rate them an F in customer service/F in customer friendliness/a B in livestock quality/and a c in pricing. What ever happened to "the customer is always right"?

If she had sick livestock, report that to the department who issues her a license. An unexpected visit from a Gov't inspector could really ruin her day.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you seem to be bashing Fish collection on all the boards, I'm going to copy my reply in here

I've been going to fish collection for about 7 years now (anyone remember the piranhas and the sting ray pond?) and I have to admit that dealing with Jimmy's wife is a lot more difficult than dealing with Jimmy, but it's not impossible. It was unfortunate that you had that experience, but you probably played some part in it. Like Ali says, you just have to know how to deal with certain people.

Fish Collection is a major supporter of our club (www.SCMAS.org) I have never had a problem there and everyone I know who goes there hasn't had any problems either. They have even gone as far as delivering salt to one of our members when they didn't have it in stock.

BTW, what's up with this comment

so now im mad too and im like wtf is your problem. she walks away so i told her she was wrong and called her a few names

You sounded really mature there zzz

I too had some Trouble in communication with Jimmy's wife, but nothing to that extent. I agree with LakerFan though. My issue was with a light and though it was difficult for her to communicate the fact that the light was broken we had a pleasant exchange. I work in telecom and It is often challenging overcoming a language barrier. It take patience and respect, but it should never come to name calling.

Tow-up: It may be better for you not to frequent that store in the future due to the fact that you have had troubles, but there many of us who have had great experiences at Jimmy's. Sometimes people have bad days. I am sorry that your experience there did not go as well as it could have. They do have nice stuff and they usually have good service, at least in my opinon. It's all about communicating well. Obviously there was a break down in communcation. That always sucks.

Archived