inTank Media Baskets

Check this out!

reeferman-chris

Find out what brand the power heads are. Also you will need a new light if you plan on keeping anything but soft corals. Looks like an O.K deal. Honestly you don't need 2 protein skimmers. Always nice to have a back up- personally I would wish it had a better light. Good luck

(Also note the tank is not RR, something to think about on a 100 G)

reeferman-chris

Yeah I definitely agree about the lights... But for $250 I can afford to splurge a bit on a nice light setup... Any recommendations on lights? Good deals anywhere? I won't be using the bak pak skimmer. Will the canister filter be ok... I want to keep some LR Rubble and some carbon in there. I'm also planning on picking up a HOB Refugium.

Not a bad deal, but you are going to want to sell those protein skimmers and get something different probably (as I know the CPR is only rated for up to 60 gallons). Would I buy it? No. I'd rather have a tank with an overflow. I went all out when I bought my 90, figured I might as well buy exactly what I want the first time around rather than goof around and waste more money.

Socalsuperhero
Yeah I definitely agree about the lights... But for $250 I can afford to splurge a bit on a nice light setup... Any recommendations on lights? Good deals anywhere? I won't be using the bak pak skimmer. Will the canister filter be ok... I want to keep some LR Rubble and some carbon in there. I'm also planning on picking up a HOB Refugium.

I'm lovin aquatics t5ho fixtures at the moment and so is all my sps!

good deal just for tank stand and canopie but that protein skimmer sucks it is probably the worst company you can buy but the cpr is ok just in small tanks. but just the tank is more than that used so go for it and sell the rest to some pawn shop or dumb kid.

to bad it doesnt have better lights i would say splurge and get t5s or a MH/flourescent setup.

My dad had a magnum running on his Malawi setup... my advice is to be careful. Just a few grains of sand (they were excavators through and through) into the impeller housing destroyed the filter. Twice. He changed to a Filstar and never had the problem again.

reeferman-chris

I picked this up today and... I ended up getting it for $160!!!!! I'm probably not going to use any of this equipment though... the heater looks like it was made in 1970! LOL... turns out this is only a 55g (I think) it measures 48 long 15 wide 16 tall... Still a great deal! the powerheads are all Rio 800's and there were 7... Gonna ditch the Bak Pak Skimmer and the Prism skimmer. Any suggestions on a good skimmer for this tank??? The light will work at first Coralife 48" Dual Compact Flourescent 4 65w PC's... Tank is super clean though. This guy really put some work into cleaning this tank up before he sold it... I'm gonna be taking my time setting this one up due to $$$$ but I'm planning on a HOB Refugium with integrated skimmer and an AC 110 for chemical filtration. Caribsea Black Sand, painting back wall black, softies till I can upgrade the lights, and I gotta think of a new stocking list for fish. Definitly want a pair of Onyx Clowns... any other sugestions?

not a bad deal. Interesting dimensions. It's really not that hard to drill and plumb a tank. You could make some overflow boxes and use a smaller tank for a sump. That light will be fine for softies and such. Cool setup, congrats on the reduced price.

mr.fishman01

wow that is a great deal. ppl in dallas are trying to sell those setups for 1000. that is exactly what i have been looking for.

wait...its 48x15x16?

that doesnt sound like a common dimension

calculated, its a hair shy of 50g but its sounds like a nice size tank and that is still a good deal

ive always said craigslist has some awesome deals

This may come as a bit late for consideration since you've got the tank....but something to be cautious about on your endeavor. The one biggest problem with used tanks is...and I haven't seen anyone point this out....is what did the previous guy do to the tank? Did he ever wash the tank with soap(I know my dad washed my goldfish tank once with soap)? :angry: Is that why it's so clean? Did he ever treat the tank with copper solutions? Hard to say....used tanks are risky proposition....too risky when you have $$$$ on nice corals. About the lights....how much life do they have in them? Since it's a custom size tank....did this guy build this thing? How is the construction? ...Quality of construction? ...Any warranties or guarantees? Lot's of other factors to consider....this hobby is very delicate and sensitive. Good luck. B)

Archived