Top Shelf Aquatics

Black/Blue Velvet Nudis

Scucci

I found a flatworm moving along the back of my tank yesterday... I sucked him out, but I know that's not the end of it. Saw another one today... so I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm fixing to have some trouble.

Just wanted to get some personal experiences from someone and plan ahead.

So, here goes. Has anyone had any luck with the nudis from the topic?

313_bluevelvet.jpg

I'm thinking I'll have to get one eventually, but I don't want it to just die after the flatworm problem is taken care of. Some website say that they'll eat algae and food scraps after they get done with the flatworms... anyone ever seen this before? The last I remember reading about them was that when the flatworms are gone, so is it's food source and it's pretty much just going to starve to death... Has anyone been able to keep them for any decent length of time after the flatworms are gone?

I had a couple of those guys...got killed by my powerhead. If you have a powerhead, don't get them!

No powerhead, it would be going in my 8gal BioCube. So should be pretty safe as far as that goes I would think.

they'll starve pretty quickly, and will die before the flatworms can reproduce again... so you'll be left with a starved to death nudi, and still have flatworms.

bigger tanks that have TONS of flatworms (like mine) will support a single one for awhile, but 8g will be pushing it.

Look into flatworm exit. Check melevsreef.com for info on how he does it.

they'll starve pretty quickly, and will die before the flatworms can reproduce again... so you'll be left with a starved to death nudi, and still have flatworms.

bigger tanks that have TONS of flatworms (like mine) will support a single one for awhile, but 8g will be pushing it.

Look into flatworm exit. Check melevsreef.com for info on how he does it.

Thank you for the information, I really didn't want to get a specialty feeder but thought I'd test the waters and see if anyone had dealt with them before. Thank you for the information. I won't be getting one now. :)

Archived