Cultivated Reef

Who doses iodine

knight03

you should not dose iodine ... many people on here have had problems with it killing their livestock and it is not something that you can test for once you have dosed it ... doing water changes weekly will help keep iodine in check as well as calcium and other levels of trace elements

ReadyReefer

i can't help you with the first two, but the reason most people dose is to help out pulse corals like xenia, anthelia, etc

strangelove

Lugols Solution is a good iodine supplement, you can use it as an iodine dip for new or damaged corals and squirt it over your zenia and soft corals. Be careful not to dose too much since too much will increase algae problems. This is very important if you have a Nano tank since it's easy to overdose in a small system.

What does it do for soft corals though? And if you were to switch to a "reef salt" would it have the required amounts of iodine in it?

maine reason i started dosing iodine is because it helps inverts in their molting process

i dont know HOW you crash a tank with iodine, unless you dump it in there but its pretty safe

just use Kent's Tech I

FLcracker94

My teacher dosed iodine in his 95ga, and his xenia looked so amazing, they pulsed so amazingly.

He dosed 4 drops a week or somthing like that. I don't recomend dosing for tanks under 30ga.

Archived