ReefCleaners.org

Serpant stars

FLcracker94

FLcracker94

I want to get a serpant starfish, and was wondering:

How long does it have to acclimate to the water (how long does it have to float)

Thanks for any info.

a few hours is a little extreme,float the bag until the temps are the same then drip acclimat eit for 30 mins. they are pretty tough and ever survive 3 day shipping with no problems

i mean drip acclimate for an hour with a heater to keep it at tank temp there pretty sensitive to changes in salinity/ph etc

ReadyReefer

are you sure you want a SS. Aren't they extremely secretive like brittle stars and i think i have read they can even capture and eat small fish while they are sleeping

FLcracker94

any other stars that don't take a long time to acclimate?

How about a choco star? How long to acclimate it? Same as serpant?

I float the bag till temps are the same. Iacclimate any invert for at least 45 minutes. I let my star acclimate for close to an hour. It had no problems adapting to the tank.

I have brittle stars and really like then, the black one that I have is in the fuge.( he was naughty) I also have a green and zerba one in my main tank. I do not find them hard at all to keep. I feed them 2-3x a week and they are doing great. They are about 9" from end to end.

ssirishpride

i have had no problems with my stars. i floated and dripped for 30-40 mins. they are always out for feeding time.

Archived