Pod Your Reef

Small Anthias in 46 gal?

GLino

So im gettin a new reef tank to add to the other ones i already i have, right now i have a 18 gal hex,36 gal corner bowfront from AGA and 5 gal all reef. my next tank thats comin in a few days is a oceanic 46 gal bowfront aquarium thats goin 2 be a reef 2. i know puttin any anthias in a small tank like that is kinda touchy subject but i just want some opinions. so wat u guyz think?? ;)

ReadyReefer

anthias are NOT beginners fish. Most require daily feedings and keeping the params stable in a small tank is going to be difficult. Of course if you do research i would reccomend some of the smaller and hardier ones such as the sunburst anthias.

just my .02

Research comes before all things when it comes to reef keeping but from what i read sunburst dont really like mh lighting. i was leanin towards a ventralis or maybe a bartlets.???

ReadyReefer

i'm not so sure about those two species. If you can get a hold of it "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, by Robert Fenner" has a great section on anthias

Thanks if i cant have any anthias in my new reef tank thats fine the health of the animal comes first. ill keep lookin though.

ReadyReefer

It is certainly possible and they are extremely beautiful. I was merely saying that these animals require more research and dedication than most

Archived