Pod Your Reef

Tank Pics

NanoJrFL

nice work your tank looks really cool, i also like the aquascaping looks very professional :). Im a bit worried though if you have a bare it of wire then you could easily fry your tank or you!!!

Rocket_155

yeah i agree with R*Frost* you should put a cover over the glodes and the wiring, other wise you could fry your tank or it could catch fire.

Otherwise it looks good.

You'll want to put in the 32 w Retrofit 'Supernova' that has the rubberized end caps and remote ballast, otherwise you could end up with this scenario (God forbid):

toast.jpg

It WAS an Eclipse tank with an uncovered 32 watt Retro. :o

Nice looking rock you have there NanoJrFL. Do strongly consider the end caps and remote ballast, or at the very least, some kind of splash guard.

I like the nano, lava lamp combo btw.

there's no way to put anything over my lights and still have to hood close, i'm not goin and byun another lighting assembly, so what do I do? Nobody was talkin abot the cord from my heater right?

All my wiring is behind the wholoe white old light casing, Its not exposed. I could possibly seal the wiring off with silicon or something. a cover over my whole light would cause way too much heat. There's enough alreeady and I have nowhere to put a fan.

Nice looking flame scallop have you done any research on how to keep those things alive? If not I would highly recomend it. Those things will look fine for months then just be dead one morning from starvation. Among other things they have a tendency to move locations frequently. I will tell you though I have not kept a flame scallop yet, this is just from research I have done.

As for the lighting I would just go to your local hardware store get some thin acrylic cut a piece that would lay over the top of the tank. If done correctly your tank should still be able to close.

JJ

The acrylic wouldn't cause overheating? I don't have much space between the corssbar and light just to let you know. the cross bar could be shaved to be thinner.

Archived