inTank Media Baskets

got that mantis!

101dals

Well, after a month of having my tank rampaged by this mantis shrimp, I finally got him. I tried that X-Terminator trap without success for over a week, but today the mantis was sittting on a piece of LR near the top feasting on another barnacle. I grabbbed the LR and gave it a quick FW dip and he shot out. Now the question was--should I keep him, or execute him like he did to so many of my other tank inhibitants? That critter only lasted 6 seconds when I microwaved him on high....

Mike

dayam! No pitty for the weak!

I was in the keys yesterday and saw two BIGASS mantis', they are freaky little SOBs, luckily I havent had one yet..... Congrats on your kill.

Don't kill him.. if you don't want to set up a mantis tank (they can be really cool in a species only tank) take him to a fish store.. some will take them to sell to people looking to setup a mantis species tank.. just remember they can crack thick glass when grown

• 2 weeks later...

the worst has happened. I have a stow away!! A Mantis Shrimp some how got into my tank and is now trying to eat my barnacles as well. What to do what to do...

Jeremy

Billdemart

Archived