Cultivated Reef

WTB or trade: 16.5" 70 watt Sunpod with bulb and stands

10" Red Devil

10" Red Devil

Tek fixture for Sunpod and $150 cash. Or buy it for $300 shipped.

I have a never used 36" Tek T5 Light Fixture. It is Black and has brand new never used except to test light bulbs.

The fixture was bought for a project I thought I was going to do, but I changed my mind and am now abandoning the idea.

I paid $362 for the fixture and all the bulbs which are:

UVL 10K Aqua Sun 39W

UVL Super Actinic 39W

ATI Blue Plus 39W x2

GE 6500K Daylight (This was extra just in case I did not like the color combination of the other bulbs).

10" Red Devil

Why do you want a 6 bulb? If it is for sps 4 is all you need. I know someone who has a 35 gallon which is 18" tall and he can keep all sps at any depth in the tank with this light. I was going to buy a 5-6 bulb as well, but after I saw his tank I realized I didn't need them.

The main reason I am selling the hood, is that I was going to upgrade to a 35 gallon tank, I had the everything lined up all the upgrades in equipment and then boom yet another equipment failure on the 20long system that I was going to transfer to the 35 gallon system. It just devastated me as I have put a lot of hard work into this tank and in the 5 years I have owned it I have had 1 other equipment failure that caused a wipe out. This time is was a faulty Dual Float switch. I shoulda bought the tunze. At this point I am over SPS and am just going to be concentrating on a REEF with lps, softies, whatever the heck suits my fancy and will do fine in a 14 gallon biocube.

10" Red Devil
Where are you located? I have a 20" 150w sunpod...

Sorry Im looking for the 16.5" model like the title says.

10" Red Devil

Yeah I tried ebay and they were just as much as the internet resellers. I am trying to find a deal on a used one though as I think the retail ones are overpriced.

you can find them on ebay relatively cheap. that's where i got mine.

I just picked up one on another forum for $135 (6 months old)

It took a while to find though.

The ones on ebay that are resales are refurbed, so be careful.

I will keep an eye out.

10" Red Devil
I just picked up one on another forum for $135 (6 months old)

It took a while to find though.

The ones on ebay that are resales are refurbed, so be careful.

I will keep an eye out.

Thanks man! I appreciate that! I found one on ebay that is supposed to be brand new. The thing is it is really more then I would like to pay. It is 168 and $19 shipping!! $188 is not too bad though it is the best deal I have found actually but I really do not want to pay $200 for a 70 watt halide it just doesn't feel right when you can get a 150 for about the same price.

I would do the 150watt, but a couple problems I think it would make the tank hot. I know it would not be a problem if I hung the fixture, but unfortunately that is not an option due to conflicting differences with GF. So it has to be propped by stands or clamp.

the legs on the 150 are adjustable so it will sit on top just fine the only thing about the 20 is that the led's would over hang a bit but those are pretty useless anyways..

I am thinking of using my 150 on my AP 12 If i cant find a tek light like yours for a decent price.

My 150 is just about a month old and i love that thing. I think you would be very pleased if you pick one up.

Yes it may be a bit hot so a fan which you can pic up on ebay to mount rite on the false wall and not look awful like a house fan for 40 or 50 bucks would be a good idea.

let me know if you decide to go big and i will PM you the link to the Ebay store with the clip on MH fans

Thanks man! I appreciate that! I found one on ebay that is supposed to be brand new. The thing is it is really more then I would like to pay. It is 168 and $19 shipping!! $188 is not too bad though it is the best deal I have found actually but I really do not want to pay $200 for a 70 watt halide it just doesn't feel right when you can get a 150 for about the same price.

I would do the 150watt, but a couple problems I think it would make the tank hot. I know it would not be a problem if I hung the fixture, but unfortunately that is not an option due to conflicting differences with GF. So it has to be propped by stands or clamp.

Also that price sounds famillar if you are looking at the Sea Corals LLC ebay store buyer beware do a search for them here they have a rocky rep.

10" Red Devil
the legs on the 150 are adjustable so it will sit on top just fine the only thing about the 20 is that the led's would over hang a bit but those are pretty useless anyways..

I am thinking of using my 150 on my AP 12 If i cant find a tek light like yours for a decent price.

My 150 is just about a month old and i love that thing. I think you would be very pleased if you pick one up.

Yes it may be a bit hot so a fan which you can pic up on ebay to mount rite on the false wall and not look awful like a house fan for 40 or 50 bucks would be a good idea.

let me know if you decide to go big and i will PM you the link to the Ebay store with the clip on MH fans

Also that price sounds famillar if you are looking at the Sea Corals LLC ebay store buyer beware do a search for them here they have a rocky rep.

Thanks for the heads up!!! That is them!!

The deal was not that great anyway really. Well the problem I have with the 20" is that it overhangs the tank too much and look pretty dang ugly really. Not only that but 150 on the legs just seems like it'll heat up the tank too much being so close to the water, not too mention for what I will be keeping, zoos, rhodactis mushrooms, lps I really don't need all that light so Id like to save electricity if I can.

Thanks for the heads up!!! That is them!!

The deal was not that great anyway really. Well the problem I have with the 20" is that it overhangs the tank too much and look pretty dang ugly really. Not only that but 150 on the legs just seems like it'll heat up the tank too much being so close to the water, not too mention for what I will be keeping, zoos, rhodactis mushrooms, lps I really don't need all that light so Id like to save electricity if I can.

yes, avoid seacorals llc. they are the biggest schmucks i've ever met.

10" Red Devil
Location please. Are these 6 bulbs T5 w/ moonlights. Any pics.

No this is the 4 bulb fixture but there is an extra bulb that I bought in case I did not like the recommended colors.

Tekfixture.JPG

10" Red Devil
Trying to get my hands on a 24 inch Tek now Did you ever fire it and get to see it work

Read the first thread.

10" Red Devil
thread??? you must mean post ok so you didnt nevermind sheesh

Wow your quick to anger. It says in the first "post" (pedantic much) that I fired it once to make sure it worked. :/

Archived