Top Shelf Aquatics

Non-similar damsel species together?

swordfish

Are there any two damsel varieties (of differing species) which can be housed together successfully?

And why is it that at my LFS they seem to have a lot of damsels in their smaller tanks which do not fight to the death or even harass each other the way everyone says they will? What kind of spell do they cast that we don't? Has anyone ever challenged this conventional wisdom?

<<<>>

You have a 7 bow correct? If so, I wouldn't do it, but I am sure someone else probably has and may give better info. These fish are territorial and will chase away fish that are the same or similar species, even some that just look like them, and will harass slower or smaller species.

<<>

For starters, the LFS doesn't plan on keeping them over a long period of time, as I hope you do. They want them in and out. Most do not care about the casualties lost, which you may not see, and place their fish under tremendous amounts of stress. Our concern is for the well being of the fish itself and giving it the best possible home in the long run.

Good Luck!

Angel

Archived