ReefCleaners.org

Tampa bay saltwater live rock

gulinias

I am going t set up a 75 in the coming months and wondered if any of you had experience with them and the rock. it sounds very good and teeming with life. This also gives ne pause because I am trying to set up an hawaiian reef type and all the Fla sponges might not really fit. Oh well for now does anyone have exp. Thanks

I am going t set up a 75 in the coming months and wondered if any of you had experience with them and the rock. it sounds very good and teeming with life. This also gives ne pause because I am trying to set up an hawaiian reef type and all the Fla sponges might not really fit. Oh well for now does anyone have exp. Thanks

I have TBS. The thing you have to ask yourself is this. Do you want rock that comes fresh from the sea with all sorts of life (good and bad) or do you want dead rock that will take you time to have the life you get with TBS? Ultimately I went with TBS because of the good stuff now I did have my troubles with Gorillas and a Mantis Shrimp and some Cirlinoid's but the key thing with this hobby is patience and everything has worked itself out.

As far as the corals I have added some other stuff and they have done just fine.

I have TBS. The thing you have to ask yourself is this. Do you want rock that comes fresh from the sea with all sorts of life (good and bad) or do you want dead rock that will take you time to have the life you get with TBS? Ultimately I went with TBS because of the good stuff now I did have my troubles with Gorillas and a Mantis Shrimp and some Cirlinoid's but the key thing with this hobby is patience and everything has worked itself out.

As far as the corals I have added some other stuff and they have done just fine.

I myself also prefer Atlantic live uncured rock as love the starfish-shrimps ,etc it has but your right the mantis,brisstle worms come to thus you have to trap them and it takes time not to mention the smell of the rock "curing" in the tank is lousy.

Going again with uncured for a bigger tank I am setting up .

I myself also prefer Atlantic live uncured rock as love the starfish-shrimps ,etc it has but your right the mantis,brisstle worms come to thus you have to trap them and it takes time not to mention the smell of the rock "curing" in the tank is lousy.

Going again with uncured for a bigger tank I am setting up .

The rock didnt have to cure. Richard sends the rock fresh packed in seawater. I cycled my tank in 6 days. His rock never sits out of water for long period of time so there is very little die off.

Archived