Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ok.... I am officially freaked

Jackopus

I just walked in my dungeon, and I see my anemone crab twitching inbetween some rocks, then out pops his claw,,,,,

I grab the rock left it up to see what is eating him, and it is my emerald, and another anemone crab....

Hmm I only remember buying one......

they both scramble off....

I am wondering WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure the large new anemone atacked the smaller one, and the emerald joined in the feast?

anybody have this happen to them?

oh one of his "netting claws" just floated by too... crap

Ummm no

the one in my hand , is a ummm meatly dead crab, not shell

I bought this smaller one 2 weeks ago..

my only guess is I had one I thought died during the pump crash, and my tank overheated, killing my Goby and a Shrimp.. I never found my old crab, I had before, I really thought he was dead..

guess not

FLcracker94

maybe its a ghost anemone crab...boo! lol

Maybe he was hiding all this time in the anemone, and you never noticed him. I think the bigger crab killed it, and like you said, the Emerald joined.

I really don't think anemone crabs would/could kill each other, but arthropods are really vulnerable during their molts. Perhaps the attacked one was discovered mid-molt and set upon before its new shell hardened?

--Diane

I really don't think anemone crabs would/could kill each other, but arthropods are really vulnerable during their molts. Perhaps the attacked one was discovered mid-molt and set upon before its new shell hardened?

--Diane

Again, it wasn't a molt, I had a dead crab, ( guts, and gills hanging out, with pieces of him still floating out every now and then )

Either they ( the emerald, and the reborn anemone ) attacked and killed him, or he died, and they had a free feast..

Either way it shocked me to see him twitching around, then pieces start flying out from under the rock... it was almost like watching "Alien". :o

• 3 weeks later...
Billabong_Fish

do you know the sex of the anemone crabs? males usually have a triangle on their belly and femals have the larger circular one.

Archived