Pod Your Reef

Its time to join the Mantis Cult

ENraged

I was planning on picking up one of those finnex 9 gallon all in one tanks for work and putting some of my prized corals in it with a Pseudosquilla ciliata.

I was wondering how the Mantis experts feel this would work out for him.

of course I will give him some nice pieces of live rock to work with and all that but i am wondering if this will be large enough for him in the long haul

ok so after research and a bit of help from doc roy I would have to put it in a 10 gallon long or even better a 15/20 gallon long.

So now the hunt for an acrylic tank begins because they are lighter and this is going to be at work :)

WHOOO! Caught the bug huh?

I have a 8g Jalli coming for me and a hitchiker mantis at my LFS waiting :)

The P.C. are one of my favorites (and the first mantis i saw IRL)!

Best of luck :) You know you could go with glass right?

Yea i picked acrylic because of the slight weight reduction. its going to be at work in my cubicle :)

I really love the finnex 9 because it has a long foot print but is i want the Pseudosquilla ciliata i should really give him even further running room.

Just called glasscages.com and they will send me a 15 gallon long acrylic for $67 so I am leaning toward that.

I can drill it and stick a sump under my desk pretty easily.

that has the same foot print as a 20 gallon i figure i can put most of the liverock in the sump with my cheato and a skimmer leaving even more wandering space in the tank.

I only want to put a few Paly's, macro's and maybe one of my Duncan colonies in with the mantis so i wont need a super light.

Yea the lenght on the 15 gallon acrylic i am debating from glasscages is 24.

So i am thinking a t5 set up nothing to special.

yup thats the one i want but i wont have my tank set up for a bit.

I still have to decide on how i want to set up filtration.

I really do not want to use an ac110 fuge mod because i would have to shave the top bracing to accommodate it.

Plus that would mean i would have pumps in my tank and i hate that.

But the thought of drilling bulkheads and setting that all up scares me as i have never done it and if it leaks my boss will be none pleased.

I do love the idea of a 5 gallon AGA sump with one of the scwd return things tho.

Wish I had a local tank builder to bounce these ideas off of but I have yet to find one.

great, another falls to the mantis virus! ha ha good luck on that spear! i had a spear and i loved him! good luck!

luscien

I have wanted one for the longest but my lady thinks they are the anti-christ lol

But i am taking my AP12 home cause she loves my clown fish leaving my work cube open for a new friend :)

Archived