Coral Vue Hydros

What to feed?

ODA

I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to verify. So I have a 10g nano that's been up and running for almost 3 months now. I've taken the very slow and cautious approach to things and have yet to add my first coral, but that may change this weekend. So far I have:

20lb LS

~20lb LR

4 scarlet hermits

1 unidentified hermit (kinda blue and red speckled appendages)

1 astrea (i assume it's an astrea cause of the cone shell) snail

1 turbo snail

1 emerald crab

1 fighting conch

I've gone thru all my normal cycles and am happy to report that any algae that was at all visible is completely gone. The snails pretty much ripped up everything on the glass and the rest of the critters cleaned up the rock and sand pretty good (I used to have hair algae/bubble algae up the wazoo and brownish stuff covering my sand). So now my concern is, what are they eating? I've noticed my emerald crab turning into a light green almost whitish color, which indicates to me he isn't getting enough algae? I also used to have more snails but over the 3 months 5 of them have died. I dunno if that was food related or just plain cycling, but anyway, the system seems stable with my current crew, so I'm not too worried about it.

So after all that rambling, the question is, do I need to be adding some kind of algae supplement for my critters? I figure some kind of algae pellet like maybe pleco pellets or whatever would be good?

Any advice appreciated.

Archived