Coral Vue Hydros

new 3gal help

sneaker

Hi

I just set up my first nano and it just happens to be a 3gal eclipse. I wanted to run my tank specs by everyone to see if all sounds ok and if there is anything i should change or do.

Here goes

3gal eclipse

3lbs LR

4-5lbs LS

1xRio mini 200 PH

25 watt heater

1x13 PC Bookworm with a 50/50 bulb

HOB filter for water circulation

I have a small coral banded shrimp and a turbo snail in there now and they are doing great, and the live rock i got has small polyps colonies on it. The tank has been up for about 2 1/2 weeks and is doing great. I'm still cycling the tank and just wanted some input as to what to add when I'm done with the cycle or if I should add more light or lose HOB.

Thankyou all for reading this and any help would be great.

Sounds fine. I wouldn't change anything. I think the first thing you wanna do is add coral. I wouldn't add a fish to that tank myself but I think a percula or something would be ok to add a few weeks after the cycle is done.

Cameron

Cool

Thanks for the quick reply, I was thinking of some colt coral or something else simple, other than that I will leave it until its done cycling. Once again thanks for the help.

Couple things about that Rio 200. 1) prone to fall off (suction sucks) Or doesn't. You get my point. 2) You can't take it out without unplugging it 3) The adjuster is huge and if you limit the flow to anything but full they are prone to burn out. 4) they are loud.

My advice is take it out, clean it up, put it back in the box and exchange it for a minijet or microjet

I have a small Clown Goby in my eclipse and he is doing fine.

But, its been established for about 7 mnths and have lots of pods and such for him to eat.

I feed him a few flakes once or twice a week.

Just water-tops off now, maybe .5 gal. water change once a month or so.

Also, throw another Book worm on it. You will notice that any corals you get will do that much better. Possibly two smaller powerheads in different directions to get the Maximum Filtration from your LR.

Archived