SaltCritters.com

cheap light cooling option.. maybe good maybe bad

TheCurriculum

TheCurriculum

What we had was a 2 dollar hand held fan from the corner store

already had a radio shack acdc converter ( the 4 dollar select your voltage type )

Cut the plastic casebattery pack bottom off the handheld fan

connected the acdc to the fan

canopy already had 1" hole on the left side of the canopy and a hole on the right side ...

screwed the fan to the canopy about a 1/4" infront of the inside left hole and ran the wires down the back with the light power cord and added a timer (btw the fan is blowing out)

Also a thought... I have seen at the container store an other places $3-$7 miniature desk fans .... already wired with some as clip-on or with a small stand... most of these I think could be used....

They are cheaper and make a lot less noise then most 4 dollar PC fans that you then have to make a power supply for

anyone tried doing this?

The full story so to speak

Went to the LFS last night with my nephew and wound up getting him a new light setup and some live underwater plants for 1 of his tanks (got him hooked at 5 with a betta) now he's 12 and breeding guppies and betta's (well we can't stop the guppies actually and he can't see killing fry or letting them become lunch :*( ..... but hey the LFS will trade them for food so it's all good )

just a thought if you have the stuff around

Granted this is a small fresh water tank... but lighting is lighting

the fan is pulling a decent amount of air and this is a 32Watt PC over 20 gallons... but hey if it works and it's cheap why not... worked for us ... maybe 4 you 2

Archived