SaltCritters.com

current chiller 1/15 i got a question?

kidrobot

Perhaps, but chiller temp and CoralLife thermometor temp might be different anyways since the chiller temp probe is built INTO the chiller itself, and your CoralLife temp probe is somewhere in your tank. Is you chiller cycling on and off a lot less often?

last night it was cycling alot less i think, but i have to check it later wen i get home from work around that time it gets hott around 4-7pm ..before for the whole week i was using the jbj stock pump for my chiller i think that pump gives alot of heat..now i have to monitor the MJ1200 if it cycles all the time:)

ok ive been monitoring my chiller..its been cycling every 2mins with the MJ1200.. its hot here in the valley outside temp is 90F and prob my room temp like 85F.. do i have a busted chiller or am i working it too hard?

You're working it too hard I'd say. It's fine tuning to find the perfect setting for any individual tank. Just adjusting it another degree or two UP and see how often it cycles then.

You're working it too hard I'd say. It's fine tuning to find the perfect setting for any individual tank. Just adjusting it another degree or two UP and see how often it cycles then.

should i set the chiller on 82F?

ok i set my chiller on 82F and it stayed there now.. its not cycling anymore staying on 82F for an hr.....

is 82F good temp for an aquarium....

this morning i wen i woke up i saw my chiller temp on 83F. is this good for the tank?? im jst worried wen the lights are on it would get hotter during the day...

ok i set my chiller on 82F and it stayed there now.. its not cycling anymore staying on 82F for an hr.....

is 82F good temp for an aquarium....

this morning i wen i woke up i saw my chiller temp on 83F. is this good for the tank?? im jst worried wen the lights are on it would get hotter during the day...

Maybe lower it a degree and see how it does. Cycling every half hour isn't all that bad, that's how often mine used to cycle, and I was comfortable with that and the electric bill didn't increase but by $2 more that way. 82F isn't bad, but I'd be a little uneasy if it gets higher than that. So set it at 81F when you get home today and see how that works out. :) It took me a few days with my chiller to get it adjusted to a good temp I was satisfied with.

Archived