Pod Your Reef

FS: Mesh Wheel Mods for Sedra 5000 Pump!

creative concepts

creative concepts

Hello All,

I have a few mesh wheel mods left for the Sedra 5000 pumps. Price is $15 pickup or $20 shipped to your door. I live in NYC! This mesh wheel simply attaches to the hex nut on your impeller assembly. It allows you to keep your current needle wheel as a backup without having to destroy it by grinding it down. Please check the link below to see exactly what I'm talking about. I accept Paypal. Anyone interested please PM me for my Paypal info!

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/sale-t...dra-5000-a.html

If you get a 3500 impellar, I'll take one of the mods. Or, if I can get one of the mods for free I'll send you my impellar out of my 3500. LMK>

Putting the meshwheel on the Gen-X p.o.s. that comes with the ASM Mini is a hassle. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

This thing works great! I have been testing it for that last few days in my 3500 on my ER. The micro-bubbles coming out of the pump into the skimmer body look like an old steam loco-motive (very thick and fine bubbles). I have also stopped and started the pump several times w/ no trouble as I've heard of people having problems w/ this and meshmods. Great mod and definitely worth the money.

creative concepts

Glenn,

Hello. Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, the mesh wheel mod is a great upgrade and at a great price. It produces a stready stream of micro bubbles because it allows greater air intake than the standard needle wheel impeller. I think some people were having problems with their particular mesh wheels because it was the same wheel just shaved down a bit. This is like getting a new wheel. The height is perfect and it allows for the perfect amount of clearence for the mesh wheel to operate unobstructed. Thanks again for your purchase and ENJOY IT!

Archived