ReefCleaners.org

Which ATO is the best for a 28g?

Sub-Mariner

I have the JBJ one which is working great for me! Since float switches can be notorious for sticking and causing ATO accidents (doesn't matter what ATO, just any one that uses float switches) I have mine attached to a timer that activates it 3 times a day for 5 minute intervals.

I have the JBJ one which is working great for me! Since float switches can be notorious for sticking and causing ATO accidents (doesn't matter what ATO, just any one that uses float switches) I have mine attached to a timer that activates it 3 times a day for 5 minute intervals.

Thats a good idea....

i dont have it but the one im planning on getting is the tunze osmolator

never heard a single bad thing about it, it is a little pricey though

Obsessed Reefer

Actually, you dont need to waste min. 80 bucks for a whole ATO unit. All you need to do, is figure out what pump you are going to buy, then buy it, get a float switch, and wire the float switch into one side of the power cord for the pump. There is a detailed tut. somewhere, I'll see if I can find it for you.

neanderthalman

If you're worried about a floatswitch failing, use two of them. Also, make cleaning them part of your regular tank maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

yup i just got one from autotopoff.com the fifty$ one! it uses two switches i connected it to a simple tiny pump

in a 3g resovoir!! it works great i also had my supplements to the resovoir.

Archived