SaltCritters.com

Odyssea skimmer issue

varanus37

So my Odyssea skimmer isn't working correctly. It won't stop overflowing. Its HOB on a standard 55. It worked fine for awhile and now I can't stop it from overflowing. It doesn't matter what the flow valve is set at, it overflows as soon as you plug it in. I have no idea how to fix it. Its a PS 75. Any ideas or experiences?

Bill

Nope, everything looks fine. Thats my problem, I can't find anything wrong! Haha. Seriously though it sucks. My params are still ok because it hasn't been down that long but I don't want things to go haywire. I posted about this on RC also and got a reply from a guy who says he had the opposite problem of not enough power and had to replace his pump. Apparently this product is a little iffy and I'm finding this out the hard way. Now I just want to know how to fix it. I can DIY a bit if necessary, I'm just not sure where to start.

Bill

Nope. Doesn't matter how I set the flow valve it still overflows. I've taken the sponge off so I can actually see the water flowing out and it hasn't changed anything. Thanks for the input everyone. Still trying to figure it out.

Bill

There's a huge thread about these skimmers on rc and people have been having great results with them. Did you check that out yet?

I actually posted on RC about this problem. A few responses but nothing really helpful yet. I'll have to search harder and find that thread.

Bill

Archived