Coral Vue Hydros

unknown disease

fishfinder08

fishfinder08

I recently added a clownfish to my 29 gallon tank (hes the only thing in it so far) he is acting very strange, he is swimming on the bottom of the tank, and is backing up a lot and also it seems like he is scared of light. i would very much appreciate any help on what the problem might be. thank you!

fishfinder08
How long is "recently"? How long has the tank been up?

tanks been up for 3 weeks, i've been using a berlin airlift ever since i sat it up, could it be microbubbles, or could it be that the skimmer hasnt allowed the tank to fully cycle?

What are your chemical levels, ammonia nitrite nitrate. If your tank has not cycled you should not have added a fish.

fishfinder08
What are your chemical levels, ammonia nitrite nitrate. If your tank has not cycled you should not have added a fish.

everything in the tank is good, i cycled my tank using a blue damselfish now all the levels have (leveled out) everything is fine, i think something might be wron with his swim bladder

umm from my experience with clowns, i had the same problem some time ago, and i found out that it was intestinal worms, if u notice any discolouration to the white part of the body (an advanced symptom) then thats wat it is, its caused by the absence or malnourishment of the fish, make sure u feed a well balanced diet with frozen and dry components and an plant component is essential!!! this does happen and the fish are constantly lathargic as a result, its as if the parasite is taking up all the nutrients from the food. The best way to combat the parasite is by the addition of a vitamin supplement incorporated with the food, eventually the parasitic infection wil cease as a result!!! good luck with it......

Archived