Top Shelf Aquatics

Ah! My poor ric!

Darkzel

Well, the supplier I got my little blue Ricodea from told me I could just attach it to a rock with a rubber band. . .

first, I tried super glue, but it didnt hold, so I tried the rubber band. After two days though, it began to pucker around the band and I thought "that doesnt look good. . ."

So, I removed the rubber band, and my poor Ricodea is sliced in half by the rubber bands. . .

Ive just decided to let it attach wherever it wants to now, Im apaprently no good at secureing coral to rocks. My biggest question is, will he be ok?

Hes not closed up or anything, and his mouth is open, but hes also not fully extended, and I keep going back to check on him . . .

-Zel

circusordie16

chances are hell be fine. your rubberband was a little too tight haha. it will either split in half now or grow together again but it will be fine i bet. if its still not attached you can use some bridal veil to hold it close to the rock without pinching it.

traderbren

so when it sliced it in half, did it go through the mouth? or is there one piece with a mouth and one without?

so when it sliced it in half, did it go through the mouth? or is there one piece with a mouth and one without?

theres one piece with a mouth, and one piece without a mouth now.

That's okay they will probably both make it. Pretty hardy critters. Just keep a special eye on the one without the mouth.

Ya in the future I would use bridal veil to attach rics. Does usually stress them out so in my experience they've always attached quickly.

Archived