inTank Media Baskets

fish for 50 gallon....need help choosing

dog17simon

dog17simon

Hey i need some ideas for what kind and how many fish for my 50 gallon will be reef...so right now im thinking maybe 5 or 7 blue green reef chromis -my 1 true perc.- filamented wrasse or carpenter's wrasse...do they need to be in a pair or can they be singly and some sites have said that they will school with the chromis if they are singly- is that too many fish or can i get more? i was also thinking about and eibli angelfish what do yall think about him would he be too aggresive for my tank? give me your feedback and some new ideas its all appreciated....thanks so much i was also thinking about a valentini puffer but their skin is poisonous from what i understand and arent reef safe am i right i wish i could get a reef safe trigger that could be in a 50 gallon and not aggresive wouldnt that be a perfect fish?

dog17simon

how many fish can i keep in my tank anyways cause i know there was controversy over the rule of thumb method?

It depends on the type of fish you want to keep really...

Your clown should be fine...but I'd lesson the # of damsels.

I'd go with 1 wrasse (great choice btw) and the clown + a few damsels.

I'm asking for somebody else to comment about the # of chromis!

Small gobies and blennies are much less bioload than bigger fish such as anthias, cardinals, butterflys etc.

dog17simon

am kind of thinking maybe 3 chromis my clown and one of the wrasses...i have heard that if you keep one flasher wrasse it will lose its color and then change gender and they do better with like 1 guy and 2 girls? what do u think about that

Archived