Innovative Marine Aquariums

PH low? im using the API liquid test

Darklyte24

Darklyte24

ive done a 1 gal water change today, checked the waters ph and it still seems low. why would it be low?

Do i need to raise it? i do have the raise to 8.3 buffer stuff. according to this chart to my eyes it was closest to 7.8 could it be wrong?

post-26756-1183593699_thumb.jpg

post-26756-1183593709_thumb.jpg

It's possible your pH might be that low. You need to know that Calcium and Alkalinity directly effect your pH stability. You should have a test kit for both of them also a 2 part solution like ESV or you can actually make your own there is a video on www.reefvideos.com labeled DIY Calcium additive. after you find out your calcium and alkalinity levels from the test kit you can use this calculator to find out how much you need to dose to correct the parameters to natural sea levels. http://reef.diesyst.com/ Just enter the information in the fields and you can click on the image to see how your results differ from natural sea water. then you can click on either submit Ca or Alk buttons and it will give you a graph and tells you the calculated measurement to correct it. My pH has been rock solid 8.3 for a very long time this way. with my levels normal I use Kalkwasser to maintain but I'm sure water changes with something like Reef Crystals Salt mix should do fine for a smaller nano like yours.

Archived