Coral Vue Hydros

Smallest Frag Tank?

Obsessed Reefer

Obsessed Reefer

I know that most frag tanks are large, about 40G+, but what's the smallest one that you've seen. When I was in NC, I went to a fish store down there, and they had a 6g, 12g, and a 24g nano cube set up as a frag tank. I really liked how they looked, all clean. The 6 and 12 had PC light upgrades, and the 24G had the sunpod over it full of SPS. So what's the smallest that you've seen, or the smallest that one should be?

Obsessed Reefer

I think you guys are getting the impression that I'm starting a frag tank.... NO NO NO, I would love to, but I dont have the money, or the space. I was just wondering what you guys have seen.

irishtexan

Ive seen a 2.5G frag tank once. Its pretty amazing what you can do with that small of a tank. I think that a 2.5G would be for someone who is just starting to frag and they arent too sure if they want to invest in a large tank. Everything grows extremely fast in a small tank too.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 8 gallon tank that has a small 8x8 rack of eggcrate in which I have about 20 zoa frags and a couple gsp and shrooms. The other half of my tank has LR and I have a couple fish in there as well. Everything works really well but I am careful on feeding and water changes. Some frags start splitting after like 2 weeks, and they grow faster than the original colony! It's nothing special but it fits my needs.

Archived