Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

shrimp id

Weezer

hi, i cant get a pic of him because hes always hiding, but its a tiny pistol shrimp, red with a white line going down the back. it also has almost like white stripes on the main arms. any help, i was also wondering, if thise type normally links up with gobies?

sounds like a cleaner shrimp with the red w/ white lines running down it's back. Could also be a candy cane pistol.

no lol, its not either of those. imagine a cleaner shrimp with a pistol claw lol, thats what it looks like. im going to try and snap a pic later

Sorry, I dont know the species but I have seen them before. The ones i have seen are pretty mean little guys, they seem to be one of the more aggresive pistol along with the bullseye pistol. And i wouldnt plan on it pairing with any gobies.

yup, thats the one, thanks alot. do they normally pair with certain goby's, because i have a candy cane goby in there, and they arent pairing, oh well. is there any advice on making them pair?

all you can do is let the fish find the shrimp and hope they pair up. I have had 2 of those but they always die before i could intro the fish so i don't know how compatable they are with gobies.

thanks alot for the help and advice guys, this morning i saw the tank (sand all over!) and all my frags were missing lol. upon further looking i see the goby and shrimp in the same hole.

Archived