Cultivated Reef

bullseye pistol shrimp

this1fish

brettamey: i saw that already.......they don't have any in stock..... thanks though

MDeth: I'm starting to have a thing for pistols and want one

I can say from experience that they are not compatible with other shrimp besides other pistol shrimp. I had one that killed and I presume consumed a peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. Before it killed those two it lived together with a large tiger pistol shrimp for a while and never bothered any fish so you'll be fine as long as you don't put any wimpy shrimp in the same tank as it.

Check out my tank thread for why bullseye pistols (and most other large pistols) are EVIL. They kill fish, and they do not pair up like most other pistols do. Go for a Randall's "candy-stripe". TRUST ME.

althefishguy: none in stock =( thanks though!

Caesar777:I actually already have a tiger pistol shrimp paired off with a yellow watchman goby. I have fully researched that they don't pair with fishes and the fact that it'll beat on small shrimps and fishes due to aggression. I want one by itself or in a pair because i pretty much inlove with it's colorations. it'll be living in the fuge

if ur in nj i have a small pistol, its not a bullseye, but its similar. i have another thread going on 'invertabrate forum' under 'shrimp id' the pics r fuzzy. u can have him for....idk how much they sell for lol, $10??

Archived