Innovative Marine Aquariums

Feather Duster Feeding

ReadyReefer

ReadyReefer

Alright, so I found a feather duster on my LR, and I know I don't need to feed them, but I was curious, because I am considering getting some yellow ones. I originally thought I would just target feed them, but this one retracts if you make sudden movements outside of the tank

linkia lady

I use DT's phytoplankton to feed my feather duster. I just pour it directly in the tank. It is a liquid so it doesn't cause the feather duster to close.

If you feed them every day, what makes there tube grow? they look hard, i always assumed they would need calcium to grow there tube? But if you fed it everyday do you think that alone would make the tube grow? So eventually you would have like a 4 inch tube/feather duster?

The little feather-dusters on my live-rock seem happy with no supplemental feeding. If you were not feeding filter food before he appears I would bet he is fine. On the other hand, I have a hard time imagining one of the big ones from a lfs being happy with the same technique.

It does not matter how careful I am when trying to feed oor large feather duster he retracts inside, so I have left him be and it's going great. I do however feed around him b/c there is other corals by him so I am sure he gets a little.

Archived