Top Shelf Aquatics

UPDATE: Tank been up since January 03

| ReEFnEwB1E |

| ReEFnEwB1E |

Heres a bunch of pictures I just took of my tank. It's been up since January of this year. I am finally starting to see some Coralline growth on the walls of the tank! Kinda bare still but I willl be getting more stuff soon! Enjoy!!

tank-1.jpg

tank-2.jpg

tank-3.jpg

tank-4.jpg

tank-5.jpg

tank-6.jpg

tank-7.jpg

| ReEFnEwB1E |

Heres what I have in my tank so far:

Green Monti Cap

Beige Monti Cap w/Blue Polyps

Green Monti Digitata

Orange Monti Digitata

Purple/Brown Monti Digitata

Yellow Scroll Coral

Pink Zoos

Orange/Red Zoos

Brown/Green mouths Zoos

Burgundy/Red Ringed Zoos

Pom Pom Xenias

Elongata Silver back Xenias

Orange/Multi-Colored Ricordeas

Orange/Green Zoos

tank-8.jpg

tank-9.jpg

tank-10.jpg

tank-11.jpg

tank-12.jpg

tank-13.jpg

tank-14.jpg

tank-15.jpg

tank-16.jpg

I swear, if you want incredible coralline growth, just dose B-Ionic and do your water changes. After a month, the top of my powerhead was almost completely covered. Now, at two months, anything plastic that I put in the tank has spots on it within a week or two. Not to mention the glass is becoming spotty.

As with any growth, it's exponential. I imagine before long, I'll have to do weekly scrapings on the front glass to keep the view clear hehe.

John

| ReEFnEwB1E |

Xwhite thanks for the advice I will definitely try ESV! Lizbeth thanks for your compliment! I had to redo that aquascaping 6 times before I found something I really liked. Not to mention I didn't want it to look "man-made" so I tried my best to simulate the oceans Coral Reef to some extent. Thanks everyone for viewing! I just picked up some more Zoanthids from Anthony the yesterday and will post'd up within 2 months from now. Good luck everyone on your setups!

Very Nice!

I also have a 25R that doesn't look asv good as yours yet but in the future it will.

How are those SPS doing under your 6500k? I have 150 watts of MH with no actinic suppliment and like it just fine. Just like to know how your corals like it.

You gotta hook me up wit' some of dem' frags to man!

Peace.

Alex

;)

P.S.-Could you tell me how you got your LR setup like that.:happy:

| ReEFnEwB1E |
Originally posted by Fishtails

Very Nice!  

I also have a 25R that doesn't look asv good as yours yet but in the future it will.

How are those SPS doing under your 6500k? I have 150 watts of MH with no actinic suppliment and like it just fine. Just like to know how your corals like it.

You gotta hook me up wit' some of dem' frags to man!

Peace.

Alex

;)  

P.S.-Could you tell me how you got your LR setup like that.:happy:

My 250W Iwasaki seems to be doing it's job. Most of my corals even the low light loving ones seem to benefit from it and fully expand. Only draw back is with "YELLOWISH" light most of them seem to turn brown in color. Nothing to worry about since later on once everything is to the size I want I will switch over to Ushio 10,000K's & 2 PC true Actinics. Growth is not staggering but I find that with Reef setups "PATIENCE" is the key.

As for frags sure once I get everything to proper size for fragging you'll get a hola on this board.

Archived