SaltCritters.com

Oh, yes. another Damsel

Mad Steez

I'm sure most of us have had a damsel before and I'm sure that most have a funny way to get them out of your tank. I have a great stroy about how I got mine out.

It started today, I was getting a new fish, but I didnt want to have the damsel any more. So I got a net and tried to capture it for about an hour. I got mad and just left the net in the tank so it could get use to it. So I put a towel over the chair I was sitting in for that hour. I left the room for about 30 min. and came back in but this time I stoped just before the room. I crouched down on my hands and knees behined the wall just before the tank room. I peeked around the corner very slowly as if I was salking my pray. The damsel was in the front of the tank and swimming right around the net. I waited until the damsel went to the back of the tank before I made my first move toward the tank. Still on my hands and knees, I reached the chair in front of my tank (this entire time I felt as if I was apart of a covert mission). I lifted the towel up just a little to see when it was ok to make my next move. I saw him go away so I moved to the side of where he could not see me. I grabed the net very slowly. Waitted till the best moment, then bam!! I missed him. After about another hour I was furious. I started to take down my tank. Finally I can see the dang fish. I cornered him and netted him. Then as I brought the net to the surface, he jumped out. LOL. But then I got him again. Put him in a bag and then off to the LFS. :D

And that is my story.

I'm sure that others have some stories about these fish or even other Agressive fish that disturb the tank. So post your stories.

Atlantis Reef

DAMSELS I think thier original name was sels and to many people said DAMNsels and it got changed hehe . They are cool fish but I tell everyone I set tanks up for not to add them unless they want them forever they are hard to catch

DAMSELS I think thier original name was sels and to many people said DAMNsels and it got changed hehe . They are cool fish but I tell everyone I set tanks up for not to add them unless they want them forever they are hard to catch

Yeah they are really cool fish but man thos guys are smart little buggas. And they are small so that makes them hard to catch.

shaggydoo541

I have a funny story too. It ended like this. I will probably be posting this pic forever, so if you have already seen it... tough ;)

12996damsel1sm.jpg

I have a funny story too. It ended like this. I will probably be posting this pic forever, so if you have already seen it... tough ;)

12996damsel1sm.jpg

^ Dang man that is cool. how fast did it eat it?

travisurfer

here's my story:

i bought a yellow tail damsel when i had my mantis. he hit it once leaving a small scar and then left it alone. it was the only fish for 8 months when my mantis died. i introduced an occellaris clown that was only slightly bigger than her. they are both living happily. the end. :huh:

shaggydoo541
^ Dang man that is cool. how fast did it eat it?

It didn't take too long at all. I took a succession of pics and the whole thing was down the hatch in less than 15-30 min. Then the next day he spit up the undigested pieces. It didn't look anything like a damsel once the brain was through with it.

here's my story:

i bought a yellow tail damsel when i had my mantis. he hit it once leaving a small scar and then left it alone. it was the only fish for 8 months when my mantis died. i introduced an occellaris clown that was only slightly bigger than her. they are both living happily. the end. :huh:

Man you were lucky, my yellow tail kept on beat on my clown, but the clown got back a few times.

Archived