inTank Media Baskets

Quick 2 questions...

Link311

1. My tank is up and running, and the CUC has been added. Got 3 Nass snails that went underground almost immediately. I have seen only 1 of them emerge to the surface a couple times so far (4 days). I know it has always been the same one. Are the other 2 dead? Stuck? Pigging out?

2. Should I be adding any food to the tank to feed my snails, shrimp, or crabs? I know they eat algae and other stuff, but sometimes I cant tell if my cleaner shrimp is eating anything at all.

Thanks for any help.

EtOH_is_good

if you want to see if the others are alive then add some food. they'll rise just like the dead. try and avoid feeding everyday unless you want to have to change water more frequently.

if you want to see if the others are alive then add some food. they'll rise just like the dead. try and avoid feeding everyday unless you want to have to change water more frequently.

What food would you recommend I drop in there? It's only CUC in the tank at this point.

Just a little flake, pellet, or frozen food will bring the Night of the Living Dead Nass's to the top. The smell food and it's like a football team at a barbacue, get out of the way.....

EtOH_is_good

fwiw, nass as a cuc only makes sense if you have to feed the tank. they don't eat algae, diatoms or microfilm.

Archived