inTank Media Baskets

Pics of my tank

tims55gallon

tims55gallon

Hey guys I have started my tank and I am super excited. Tell me what you think. (please overlook the reflection)

very nice!! its a 55 right? i am going to be starting one soon and i am wondering what kinds of lights and how much rock and sand you have there? keep up the good work man.

Jeff

tims55gallon

Right Now I have Power Compact lighting by JBJ. I have 192 watts, one 96 watt 10K daylight and one 96 watt 7100K actinic. Will be adding a 175 watt MH soon. The tank has 30 lbs of Fiji live rock and about 15 lbs of dead rock that I am trying to restore. I will be adding some Tonga Branch just to give the landscape a good look. I don't know the exact weight of my substrate but it only covers about 3 inches of the bottom of the tank. If you need any help or have any other questions contact me and I will try to help as best I can.

Looks good.

There is no need to cycle the tank with a live fish. Other options to help cycle would be a piece of raw dead shrimp, adding some fish food, pee-pee in tank, buy some stuff that's made for tank cycling or just wait and let nature do it's thing.

tims55gallon

No I had a water overflow the night I set the tank up and water got behind the backing. It has been taken care of now. I was told by five differnet LFS to cycle with a fish so that is what I am doing. The tricky thing will be catching the three stripe when my tank is done cycling.

Archived