Coral Vue Hydros

maturation: Good OR Bad

R*Frost*

i am nearly in the final stages of setting up my15ish nano just waiting till this shop gets these PC's in stock :(. I was wondering.........

1. after i setup my nano with cured LR + LS i plan on waiting a month until i add any major stock like fish,corals,harder to keep inverts. My plan is when my nano is all setup i will do a 10% water change each week BUT until it's fully matured can i do 10% bi-weekly water changes i mainly ask because my RO is £2.50 for 5 gal and since im quite skint and need to save up for vaulable live stock.

bit long winded arghhhhhhhh (sie) :), help apprecaited Simon

my pref is to not do any wc's at all while cycling. this doesn't always work out tho as sometimes i 'need' to wc during a real bad@ss cycle. :x i think it has more to do with the types & amounts of hitchhiking livestock and the crappie they exude during the cycle versus a definitive set rule of thumb for cycling.

imo save yourself the pounds (i can't find that symbol) and don't wc during the cycle. you've already got cured LR/LS so it shouldn't be pea soup. if the readings don't budge (from highs) for a couple of weeks then i'd consider a quick wc to nudge it along. otherwise it should be good to tough it out. good luck!

tinyreef: thx for the advice, i have always preferred the method of not doing WC during Cycling because it sounds more logical and easy :).

cjm033: Come on this is nano-reef.com not nano-nob.com :)

Archived