inTank Media Baskets

My 18 gallon nano!1

Sir MArcus

Sir MArcus

Here's my 18 gal nano. Let me know what you guy's think.

18 gal VIA AQUA.

CPR bak pak skimmer 2R

Cascade 200 HOB

Power sweep power head 160 gph

36 lb LR

18 lb LS

1 mandarin dragonette

1 tomato clown

1 lawnmower blenny

1 yellow tail damsel

2 peppermint shrimp

Loads & Loads of hitchhickers.;)

Sir MArcus

I'm having problems posting pic's. It seems that the pics I take with my digital cam are to large to post. I'll try again.

southpaw23

Good to see you finally getting the pictures up Marcus....and nice setup by the way....

Am in the midst of setting up my 18 gallon as well....but having some trouble with heating issues...but was wondering how ur mandarin is doing...i've been thinking about having one in my future tank but have read in numerous post that those lil ones are difficult to maintain in nanos due to the limited food supply (ie pods etc...) Any complications with the lil one thus far....or does he fare pretty well feeding on the live brine and other pods and critters in the tank?

good job with the tank buddy....keep us updated....

Sir MArcus

Thanks southpaw. The mandarin is doing great! He pretty much grazes all day and the live sand is full of copepods and other goodies. Hopefully there'll be enough to sustain him for a long life. Well now that I feel that my tank is pretty well established I was thinking about adding some new corals. Any sugestions?

unless your mandarin eats brine shrimp you offer he will indefinately starve. They thrive in the wild soley on fairy shrimp and copepods. It is VERY VERY rare that you will get one that will accept anything else, such as frozen brine or live brine, flake ect. ect. I don tknow how long you have had him , but as a rule of thumb I bet he depletes all natural food sources from the rock and sand totaly in less than a month.

Your tank is comming along very nicely though good job thus far!

Sir MArcus

He does eat live brine when I offer it. I've also read a lot of negative things about their eating habits. But, so far so good. I'm also going to be putting together a 300 gal reef tank pretty soon. I'll probably move him there.

Sir MArcus

I've been looking at the pictures of all the members tanks. (They're all awsome!) How do you guys take such awsome pics of your tanks. I just got a 5 mega pixel canon power shot S50. Can someone give me some tips?!

Archived