Cultivated Reef

I have LIFE!!!

Nepthea

Cycle is finally done, so I went out today and shopped!!

Bought a nice piece of mushroom rock, some zoos, a banded coral shrimp, a serpent star, and a percula. I already had 2 nas. snails.

Everyone seems to be settled in and happy. I'll attach pics later.

Anyone have ideas on a really cool "bang for the buck" fish to add? Maybe a goby, blenny, or a watchman?

Also, how soon should I add a clean up crew?

Thanks,

Nep

I just figured I throw ya a word of advice.....take it slow. I know having a cycled tank is really nice but it is far from stable and if you add stuff too quickly the tank can become unbalanced and possible crash. I'm not sure what size tank you have but I'd wait at least a week or two until you consider another fish. I don't wanna scare ya but take it slow and patience is really a virtue here.

Cameron

Thanks for the advice Physh. I was planning on waiting about a month before adding anything else, with the possible exception of the clean up crew. I just figured it would take a while to narrow a list of possible fish, research their care, and then try to locate one.

I have a 20G long, and have no intentions of crashing it!

Rome was not built in a day! ;)

strawberry dottyback is pretty cool and cheap (a poor man's orchid dottyback :P ).

boxfish are cool but need a bigger home after a couple of years. much bigger. maybe you could raise a cowfish with seahorses for a reef ranch. :D

firefish goby are pretty but tend to think they can breathe on the carpet. X)

you could try two different colored neon gobies (yellow and blue) for coloring.

or just go invert and get some kind of shrimp. or both if compatible tho.

Archived