Pod Your Reef

what the heck are these? good or bad?

Joe_fro

I first noticed one of these when I got my first rock of zoos. it was quite large and never seemed to have any affect on anything in the tank. Now it seems to have multiplied and whatever they are there are many more. I'm not sure if they eat the zoos or just smother them. But my zoos are not opening when they crawl themselves over my zoanthids. I have been plucking them out one-by-one but there are more. I haven't been able to enjoy my zoanthids since I have had them because they never open. What the hell are these?

thanks joe

Here's one I moved to my fuge. the biggest and first.

Ok be very careful with these. These nudis eat zoos only. They are highly highly and highly toxic. Do not put your hands in the tank without protection. Extract them with a turkey baster and be very careful about it. Another thread I read a guy squishhed one with his finger and almost died 3 hours later.

BE CAREFUL!

Nice pics by the way. This thread should be archived cause everyone gets zoos and needs to know about the very dangerous elements that go with them.

Great ID guys! Never thought a nudi could be so scary - then again, why not - they look like crawling death...

Great job - guess that happens when Summer Buddha talks to Winter Buddha. (Okay, bad. I'm sorry, just that your avatars...)

Plucked out six more this evening. Some are as small as a pinhead. My zoos are starting to open, and I can see the damage they have caused. These things suck.

harbingerofthefish

ajroahkni

Thinking the same thing, feast or famine

as for the nudis. No idea the type but I got one on a zoo frag I got, tweezers did the trick, after 3 days of cahsing the bugger!

Just something about a 1/4" creature with orns crawling around the tank.

GF thought it "cute". I killed it. Zoos happy now.

Just finished reading through the thread on RC. That's quite the experience. I think I'll probably approach the zooanthids in my tank with a little more respect.

By the way Joe, I notice that you're from Michigan. Where'd you get your zoos? Online, the Tropicorium, Preuss', Pier 701?

I sent a link to the thread in the general section regarding death by logical reef. I'm sure a response is forthcoming - unless he keeled over from slug poisoning.

hey Flygti i got my first zoos from bryan at the logicalreef and some others from a frag swapmeet that went on in the area. nothing yet from the trop. lots of other stuff, not zoos. they dont look as appealing under their lighting conditions as they would elsewhere.

I see you're from Iowa is that still true? why, wanna trade?

I don't mean to kill anyone with pics but here are a few before & after shots. Here are a few before pics. You can see that my zoos are all closed up this was like this for almost two months.

Archived