Coral Vue Hydros

What are people dosing?

bamann345

I am cycling a 6 gallon nano. I was wondering what people are putting into their tanks? I was thinking of C-Balance or SeaChem's Reef Complete.

What are your ideas on this? Anything better out there?

Thanks!

William

I use all seachem stuff. Reef Advantage Calcium, Reef Advantage Magnesium, and Reef Builder. For Iodine I use Lugols Solution. The Reef Complete would be good for you and the small volume. I really like the stuff much better than anything out there. It's concentrated, inexpensive, and I've never had any problems with it.

Cameron

I am dosing B-Ionic alkalinity (Daily) and calcium (Every other day). Along with Kent marine Iodine, Molybdenum and Strontium, and Phytoplex. (Every three days)

It has worked very well for me.

B-Ionic also. I monitor my levels and sometimes miss a day if my calc and alk are all good. I also dose with DT's phyto (for my clam but it looks like other corals are liking it). Finally I dose with IPSF's Coral Heaven once a week.

HogWinslow

I read about somebody using some kind of block. He just tossed it in the H-O-B and replaced it when it was disolved. I think it was made by Sea-Chem. Anyone heard of it or used anything like it?

Hog

Yeah I used a block one. Once. I am not keen on something dissolving and not being able to control exactly how much supplements are being fed to the tank and in timed intervals. Ultimately I just didn't trust doing something like this for a hobby that is too expensive to take any chances.

*shrug*

I top-off with kalk everyday and dose Kent Liquid Calcium everyday or every other day (when I remember basically..lol). I also dose Kent Iodine and Strontium and Molybdenum..I've found that my corals open up better/more dosing the Strontium..but YMMV and it may just be coincidental.

Deimos, do you have any pics of your tank?! 40 wpg! Id like to see it:) And how have you been dosing your kalk? I think once i get an auto top off system from physh ill probably start off lightly dosing kalk, but would like to end u at the standard amt.

Don't forget water changes ;)

No one else mentioned it, so I thought I would.

With the exception of calcium in a tank with clams or hard corals, 10% weekly water changes probably deliver most of what a nano needs.

IN my 5, 7 and 12 I use Red Sea Success Calcium +3 & Buff. Dosing the 1ml or so per week of each is enough to keep my parameters in check.

In my 10 gal frag tank, which is in the same room as my 65, I auto-top-off with kalk, and dose Kent CoralVite, Phyto and SeaChem Reef Builder.

Basically, the Success is easy, since those 3 tanks are all in difference rooms around the house: just a lot easier.

K

i use seachems 3 pack thing 2x a week 5 drops in my 2.5 and 1or 2 drops in my 1/6 its calcium,alk. and reef complete,Chris

I dose my kalk the unscientific way...lol...like everything else I do with my reefs. I mix kalk and toss it in in the AM...when pH is naturally the lowest. Just dump it in...probably not the healthiest of ways, I know...but it works. I tend to dose in that manner...I'm not running a science experiment...I'm running a "garden", and as such..there's no such thing as "exact".

But for god's sake...don't do it my way..lol. Unless you want to..in which case..feel free...like everything else in reefing...there's more than one "right way"...do what works for you..and the only way to find that out is to read...try things out...make educated guesses...and then forget it all and do things the way you originally wanted to do them in the first place!

Archived