Coral Vue Hydros

May Pictures of Acoustic's Alife 7 Reef

Acoustic

Well after the whole hood failure incident everything is finished. I am now running a jalli 2 X13 watt light. It is the only light that will fit a 12"tank unless I make my own hood and go retro. I also did some research and found out I am getting more intensity with the new light as compared to the old stock light. Anyhow I added some fans and now the temp is stable for the first time in 6 months.

Here's some pics:

(I got a suncoral and zoos since last month)

This is my new suncoral. I target feed it every 3 days. I made a feeding device specifically for it so I do not overfeed the tank. I can feed this coral with virtually no food wasted.

My xenia is growing so fast I love it. It has now attached to the back wall as you can see. I think my tank will look great with a whole back wall of xenia.

See ya next month!

nice acoustic. I know you can also get a 2x18watt jbj thats exactly 12 in if you want a light upgrade. However, it's 100 bucks

That sun coral is so cool. Does it open at night? Here I thought you had to keep it in a cave or something. What are you spot feeding it?

Yes. This is due to the fact that I feed my one fish in the day. It smells the food and opens up. It stays opened cause it's used to it. I also only feed it in the daytime. I love it.

(If you buy one from the LFS it will always open up initially at night.)

Rush Battle

Is the suncoral a tubastrea? It looks great, can't seem to find one around here. Blacksburg is kinda outta the way when it comes to getting any cool corals. Looks great man.

Rush

the tank looks great acoustic. Can you show us pictures of your spot feeding device or describe it? I would love to have a sun coral in my new tank but I am fearful of not being able to feed it without overdoing it.

My guess would be that he cut the top off of a 1 or 2 liter plastic bottle. Covers the coral with the top and squirts his thawed brine into the covered coral. You could probably make it even more sealed by leaving the cap on the top and drilling a hole just big enough for a 5 ml syringe.

Well, that's how I'd do it anyway. Hehe

John

• 2 months later...

And where did you get those fans? They don't look like typical PC fans... this SD weather is making my temp very unstable... i need something to cool it down with.

-moore

Archived