Coral Vue Hydros

90 gal

waterfaller1

waterfaller1
Nice nice nice nice nice!

Whats the specs on the tank. Lighting etc. Again very nice....

Thanks for the kind words. I have'nt been around this board in awhile, I forget you guys are big on specs/diy... :D

Here you go:

90 gal AGA w/ single overflow

Stand & canopy all in one piece, oak, built by my fiance, has all electrical outlets in stand.

29 gal refugium

29 gal sump

Euro-Reef CS 6-2 w/ sedra 3500

Lighting: 2 X 250 10 K Ushio MH's on Blueline E-ballasts & 4 X 110 URI super actinic VHO's on an Icecap 660

Refugium lighting: 2 X 65 wt Current PC's~ reverse daylight schedule

Return is 850 GPH Blueline pump

Closed loop has 2 X 850 GPH Blueline pumps

Salt : Tropic Marin Pro

Additives: ESV B-Ionic 2 part & ESV magnesium

Tank was originally a 75 gal set up in 03'. Moved in Nov 06' to new home, new tank. New sandbed, same refugium, some livestock changed.

hmm..did I forget anything?

Just a question, I thought the Tropic Marin pro had less calcium because of people that run reactors. I switched to the regular Tropic Marin so I do not have to dose as much 2 part. Have you tried this?

waterfaller1
Just a question, I thought the Tropic Marin pro had less calcium because of people that run reactors. I switched to the regular Tropic Marin so I do not have to dose as much 2 part. Have you tried this?

I have thought about it, recently in fact. I was thinking about switching to Reefcrystals. Then I thought.. why switch, this has been working for me for so long? You are right though I do dose quite a bit. Maybe I should just try the regular again. I used it in the beginning..and then I don't know.. I guess when I heard about the Pro I just thought it would be better..LOL :happy:

Archived