Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FISH?

chrisdamage

chrisdamage

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FISH AND WHY?

My personal favorite is the Picasso Trigger... thinks he's a damn dog haha

chrisdamage
Id have to go with a Yellow Headed Jawfish. Awesome little fish.

hey irish, i was considering buying a mated-pair of yellow-headed jawfish. How are their sand-sifting abilities other than their extensive burrowing?

Mike Savage
hey irish, i was considering buying a mated-pair of yellow-headed jawfish. How are their sand-sifting abilities other than their extensive burrowing?

The Yellow-headed Jawfish is not a sand sifter.

Mike

chrisdamage
The Yellow-headed Jawfish is not a sand sifter.

Mike

hey mike, I realize this... however, I've heard some people say that they will pick up sand in their mouths and spit it out... they could have possible mistaken the sand for a brood as the yellowheaded jawfish are mouth brooders?... I dunno

HecticDialectics

flame hawkfish!

absolutely great personality... they're so cute cause they hop around the rocks on their front two fins. And it'll literally bend it's head back and forth watching me. Great color too. Nice and bright.

Dusky Jawfish :)

R.I.P. Mr. Jawfish :(

And I think all jaws sift to some extent...just not like an orangespot goby :P

They do after all eat shrimp...and crustaceans...which ARE in the sandbed...

flame cardinal (apogon maculatus). They are cherry red with big eyes and the variety which i got a hold of was completely nocturnal and had whiskers for extra sensory perception in the dark. He would show himself once in a great while like a marine betta and i was so excited when i got to see him.

Blue Spot Jawfish......His name is JAWS ! Also African Midas Blenny , RIP Lenny The Blenny ( He went carpet surfing one day after being with us 4 years )

post-8365-1182559069_thumb.jpg

post-8365-1182559197_thumb.jpg

You have a bluespot in a nano ? :'(

Yes , that is an older picture , the clown fish has been transfered to a different tank , the nano cube is for Jaws only , he lives in there with a three inch sandbed with a PVC pipe tunnel buried in the sand bed , he has been happy for 3 years now and has grown to be the family favorite , his nano cube is on the kitchen counter next to the fridge and everyone stops to talk to Jaws when they go to get a snack or drink , even if his light is out in the tank he comes to the front of the glass when ever somebody is in the kitchen . These fish have great personality's , the kids think he acts more like a dog than a fish .

Hmm, I stand corrected then slug :P

Usually you don't hear ANY success with jaws in small tanks. Congrats on keeping such a beaut! You know what this means right?

I Wanna see him!

Hmm, I stand corrected then slug :P

Usually you don't hear ANY success with jaws in small tanks. Congrats on keeping such a beaut! You know what this means right?

I Wanna see him!

No Problem......Come on out and you can browse my prop tank too ;) , Nano Cubes are great for Jaw fish the lid keeps him from carpet surfing . The only draw back is he has to be the only fish in the tank because of the size of the tank . If I added another fish he would attack it . The tank is his den and no visitors are allowed :lol:

Archived