SaltCritters.com

These be alright ina new 10 gallon?

WorldNation

WorldNation

current set-up:

10gallon. 20lbs of ls, 13 lbs of lr, 3 hermit crabs. 13W 10,000K True Actinic 50/50 bulb.

i was thinking of starting off with some of these:

a mushroom

feather duster

Green Star Polyps

a couple different kinds of zoos

are those good starters for my tank? i dont have a protien skimmer since i'm not gonna have fish for a while, and probably onwt add one after i get my 1 fish anyways. i have a PH that pumps 145gal/hr and a 75 watt heater. this set-up sound good so far?....

harbingerofthefish

You just the one 13 watt light?

The feather won't care and the shroom will probally do fine, but I would put the zoos higher up and the GSP even higher.

That is very low light for a tank that size. But even so my polyps and shrooms open when I flip my 13 on before the 32 clicks.

WorldNation

wel, i'm only gonna get one at a time. i wanna get a feather duster i saw at the store, it looked really kick ass. thats why i'm asking. later one, i will double or triple my ligting, but for now, thats all i have, cause i'm not a millionaire :) lol but i will get more lighting.

interstitial

I agree with harbinger's advice. Your tank setup sounds good, and you are so smart to add things slowly and plan ahead.

It will be fun to watch the feather dusters and the crabs while you pick out your lighting upgrade - dusters are really pretty in a tank.

Archived