Top Shelf Aquatics

Too much flow??

Elite Twit

Elite Twit

Ok, I just started doing some math after realizing a few things. I am getting a 7g minibow and have a ac500 I have converted into a fuge. Now I just realized that i should ahve gotten the 300 and put in teh 150 impeller, cause it doesn't fit in teh 500s motor and I can't swap out the motor. Now my question is.....the tank is going to have 15-20 pounds live rock, 4inch dsb, and I am thinking around 64(at least)+ wattage, one actinic one 6500k i think it was that I liked. I plan on keeping as many different corals as I can get my hands on. Ok i keep going off topic, my question is that with the minimum flow of 166 gph, that's 23 times turnover rate. Is this too much flow for what I want to do? I also am going to try and get a rose bta as my center peice with the corals put in after it settles down, along with a clown or two. Let me know what everyone thinks. (Main corals will be zoos, and I really like monti digita some shrooms, forget what else I like)

Thanks,

Jay

harbingerofthefish

I turn my bow over at 175 gph. Placement of the corals is the key. Because of your rockwork your still going to have slow and high flow areas.

Zoos adapt well so higher flow will be fine. Shrooms can go in over hangs or slow low areas, and the monti can go right in the high flow area.

yadda yadda...

I think you'll be fine.

Archived