Innovative Marine Aquariums

CUC is hungry!

nanu-nanu

I think they're gonna eat everything in the tank!

My fuzzy rock is now bare.

So..... well, by CUC, i mean hermit crabs.

Is there anything I can add in there?

I believe they are straight herbivores.

They are orangeclaw ones.

Mine will eat bits of fish food, and although I have not tried it yet, I have been told that you can give them pieces of dried seaweed (like for sushi).

I would try algae tablets that you would fed plecos...would that create any alage problems because those are algae tablets?

I would try algae tablets that you would fed plecos...would that create any alage problems because those are algae tablets?

Mine like hot dogs and they love the pellets that hit the sand that my fish don't eat.

Silurian100

So true MDeth. Some people think it is better to solve a problem like alge blooms by putting in a huge CUC and then a few months when all the alge is gone, there is nothing left for them to eat. How silly!!!! Or should I be more adult-like and say HOW FOOLISH. I am not saying in any way that is the case this time, sometimes CUC just eat a lot more than you can provide. I would try alge pellets and then I would also increase the hours of lighting so grow more alge. I wish I had too little alge problem.

So true MDeth. Some people think it is better to solve a problem like alge blooms by putting in a huge CUC and then a few months when all the alge is gone, there is nothing left for them to eat. How silly!!!! Or should I be more adult-like and say HOW FOOLISH. I am not saying in any way that is the case this time, sometimes CUC just eat a lot more than you can provide. I would try alge pellets and then I would also increase the hours of lighting so grow more alge. I wish I had too little alge problem.

I have like, 8 or so hermit crabs in a 20 gallon tank with 10 lbs of live rock and 20 lbs sand.

I think they're screwed tho, they keep fighting over shells.

I placed a couple extra in there... but still, these guys are dummies :P

Archived