Innovative Marine Aquariums

Keeping a Lettuce Nudibranch

pillow

Would it be possible to keep a Lettuce Nudi (by itself, no fish/large inverts) with only Live Rock and some hair algae in a 10g?

BustytheSnowMaam

It wouldn't take it long to consume it all then it would starve- I have an emerald crab that took care of all of mine. I think the crab is a better choice because it can eat other things after the hair algae is consumed, whereas the nudi specifically eats hair algae.

It wouldn't take it long to consume it all then it would starve- I have an emerald crab that took care of all of mine. I think the crab is a better choice because it can eat other things after the hair algae is consumed, whereas the nudi specifically eats hair algae.

But I don't want it specifically because it eats algae, I only want to keep a Nudibranch.

Well - if you had an LFS that will give you their hair algae covered rocks, it could work (maybe trade in clean live rock for algae covered rock as the nudi cleans it?).

Do those stuff to promote algae growth... like:

1. extensive lighting period

2. use bulbs light frequency under 10k kelvins

3. sunlight on the tank

4. scrap the algae off the glass but leave them in the tank

or you can get the dried seaweed off the market.

Helfrichs Chick

^ I agree. Also keep in mind they will need somewhat low flow, I have seen way too many sucked into intakes and chopped up. Sometimes you get 2 out of the deal but I wouldnt want to do it on purpose. I have seen some REALLY beautiful ones also, with blues and teals. They are cool I say go for it.

Do those stuff to promote algae growth... like:

1. extensive lighting period

2. use bulbs light frequency under 10k kelvins

3. sunlight on the tank

4. scrap the algae off the glass but leave them in the tank

or you can get the dried seaweed off the market.

Dried seaweed? Like the Nori stuff they sell in Japanese/Chinese supermarkets?

Dried seaweed? Like the Nori stuff they sell in Japanese/Chinese supermarkets?

Yep, same stuff. Make sure it's just plain nori though, make sure it's not spiced or anything like that. But yeah, same stuff.

Archived