inTank Media Baskets

What to feed a Condalactus Anemone????

farmernick

farmernick

I was told that I need to feed photoplankton (i think) to this a few times a week. Is that true or is there anything else I need to feed it?? I was also told that I needed to feed a fish to it once a month or so???????

Thanks in advanced,

Nicholas

i've never fed my condy since the first couple of weeks i've had it and even then it spit out the cut shrimp i fed it. going w/o feeding for over four years now.

however, i do feed my tank heavily for the corals and fish. the condy also hosts an ocellaris as well (actually, two different clowns over that time, and no it didn't eat the first one). light is the most critical aspect for it, i think. i used to gauge the age of my bulbs from the cyano but for the last two years the condy has 'told' me when to change bulbs by moving.

i don't believe it can digest phyto. i believe they're carnivores when they do eat. i don't believe they're strictly capable of being photosynthetic tho but i don't think it's necessary to actively/directly feed them, unless you want them to reproduce (protein source for tissue generation).

Mine almost always manages to catch a piece or two of flake Prime Reef with its tenticles whenever I feed my clownfish. I have also hand fed it a very small piece of shrimp a few times and it liked that too. It is growing quickly and seems very healthy and happy :)

i would feed your condy......i have owned several condy's and the ones that did better where the ones that got a shrimp one or twise a week...

Archived