Cultivated Reef

Bowfront Upgrade

Anuanu Humu

Anuanu Humu

So I spent all of yesterday turning this:

8193481.jpeg

Into THIS!

8501381.jpeg

Comments, suggestions, or questions, let me know I want to hear them-err read them I guess. I still have lots to do to the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

works now. What is that blue fish in the middle of hte 46?

looks good, it looks liek you really needed that upgrade

Anuanu Humu

Eddie I think your looking at our coral beauty-more of a purple and orange... but its difficult to get colors right with out a lot of trial and error.

Thanks for looking

Anuanu Humu

Yes eddie, it is a 72g, here is an updated FTS, sorry about the glare on the right hand side.

3684843.jpeg

Over all I am very happy with the tank... The sump that came with the tank needs a lot of attention in my opinion, but I can deal with that once I get some good ideas/money. I need more flow, I'm thinking of getting a koralia 4 and see how that does.

shaggydoo541
I dont use T5's.....I hate them....My aquamedic is a single 250 watt phoenix 14K

Hate is such a strong word.

Very nice tank Anuanu Humu. It looks like you had your old one pretty crammed so I'm sure everything will like the extra space to grow, but you should have went t5.

Anuanu Humu

The problem with the t5 only fixtures out there is they dont work with a bowfront tank very well as they are narrow at the ends-only 13in. The MH with the T5 actinics are perfect for me and fit the tank perfectlly.

Dont worry about him....He will never see that halides are better for SPS...

we oughta just let the two of you get some of those oversized boxing gloves and have at it in the name of each lighting system. Winner of the match is named lighting champion....hows that sound?

HAHA

sorry fo rhte hijack =)

shaggydoo541
we oughta just let the two of you get some of those oversized boxing gloves and have at it in the name of each lighting system. Winner of the match is named lighting champion....hows that sound?

HAHA

sorry fo rhte hijack =)

A battle royal eh??? All right it is on... I think I can take him :) LOL

Really though I think you made a great lighting choice. T5's are the best for bigger wider tanks (like I have) but when you have to deal with odd tank sizes like a deep but not wide tank or an odd bowfront like you have, mh can be the best option. If you can throw in some t5 or vho actinic supplements the better the tank will look. T5 is still the best light source of course but it has it's limitations and is not the best in all cases. For some reason pro thinks mh is always better but since he is nuts it doesn't matter what he thinks ;)

Anuanu Humu
Put a red sea prizm pro deluxe skimmer on that tank... i got one for 156$ shipped on e-bay... LOVE IT

Do you?

Archived