Coral Vue Hydros

Best Skimmer That Can Fit in a 10G Tank

dasstheboss

dasstheboss

I need to know ofthebest skimmer that can fitinthedimensions of a ten gallon tank

It is 20"Lx10"Wx12"H. It needs to be able to skim a 75G Tank.

Any suggestions? I was looking at the Visi-Jet In Tank Skimmer and the Odyssea PS75 Skimmer but want ot know of other choices cus these IMo dont have enough skimmer power.

the ten gallon is in your sump right? or do you want a skimmer for your display? if it is your display neither of those would work. you want something like a rio nano skimmer or the cpr hob skimmer. if it is for your sump you could look at the octopus(hob also), or asm mini depending on your size of display.

~snazzy

how bout an Aqua Remora C

You must be joking right?

ER RS80 should fit

Octopus NW150 fits

Octopus NW100 fits

Deltec MCE600

Deltec Turbo's should fit

Tunze 9005

Tunze 9010

There's more but I know these fit.

how bout an Aqua Remora C

I use the Remora C on my BC29... I think I'd want something bigger for 75 gallons.

dasstheboss
You must be joking right?

ER RS80 should fit

Octopus NW150 fits

Octopus NW100 fits

Deltec MCE600

Deltec Turbo's should fit

Tunze 9005

Tunze 9010

There's more but I know these fit.

Which one perhaps does its job the best and is between $50-$125?

Your sump is too small for a 75 gallon tank. Considering all the equipment you will want to place in it to support a 75g I would go with nothing less than a 20g. The Odyssea skimmer would not be enough and the Visi-Jet is utter garbage. Sounds like you are on a budget so I would look at the Coralife Super Skimmer 125 w/ Needle Wheel (Not Venturi model). Anyone with an expensive skimmer is going to claim that you need to spend $300 but this IMO is the best bet for that water volume in the sub $150 range.

let me reiterate that the visi-jet is complete trash. You might as well burn the money and then at least you wouldn't have some worthless skimmer collecting dust in the back of your closet.

HecticDialectics
Which one perhaps does its job the best and is between $50-$125?

If you're really scraping for cash that much, I personally think a 75G is simply out of your price range. You'd be better off putting $100 in the bank, and adding another $150-200 to it over the next few months, and THEN buying a decent piece of equipment.

dasstheboss

I will just go with the PS160, it seems ot be good enough for all corals and fish; RCers find it decent; im not spending $300+ for a pice of plastic...

dasstheboss

its a 50G display with a 20G Sump and a 10G Fuge ( counts as only 5G cus it doesnt need ot be skimmer really) This is why i said it needs to work for 75G. I was looking at the Odyssea PS160 Skimmer and they were reviewed well and so im going with it. This hobby needs to be open to the poor as well ( i mean high school kids) I dont want ot eat off my parents for corals, i dont get a feeling of accomplishment...so i would rather be cheap, and save up than do that...but my skimmer is not a place for that especially since i wont have that many fish.

travisurfer
its a 50G display with a 20G Sump and a 10G Fuge ( counts as only 5G cus it doesnt need ot be skimmer really) This is why i said it needs to work for 75G. I was looking at the Odyssea PS160 Skimmer and they were reviewed well and so im going with it. This hobby needs to be open to the poor as well ( i mean high school kids) I dont want ot eat off my parents for corals, i dont get a feeling of accomplishment...so i would rather be cheap, and save up than do that...but my skimmer is not a place for that especially since i wont have that many fish.

i'm in highschool as well but you don't see me setting up a 75g system. if you were on a budget you should've gone with a smaller tank imo.

dasstheboss
i'm in highschool as well but you don't see me setting up a 75g system. if you were on a budget you should've gone with a smaller tank imo.

too late for that..got the tank for b-day and i can't break my parents' heart by returning it or selling it

If you are going with the Odyssea PS160, be sure to read up on all the mods people do to them to make them work well.

dasstheboss

i did and am reading up more on that... although i dont get some of the mods; i still read up just to see what i can do with the skimmer

Archived