inTank Media Baskets

Mesh Mod on Tunze Nano

musho3210

I probably should know this, because I had one, but is it a needle wheel? If not then I don't think you can, but if so, then yes you can.

Not sure if it would void the warranty, but who cares? The only thing that could possibly break on it and would be covered under warranty is a $15 pump.

Its not needle wheel i dont think....., actually i am not 100% sure how it mixes air, it just says, through the process of the pump fine pearly air bubbles are set into the chamber.

it's probably just a very efficient venturi skimmer - you could probably figure out a way to mesh mod it if you could fabricate something to attach the mesh to. I think the only needlewheel tunze has is going to be used on their new Master DOC skimmer.

If its anything like the 9010, just slap 1 layer of enkamat on it.

Also, if its anything like the 9010, you'll max the body out reallllly quick with a meshmod.

If its anything like the 9010, just slap 1 layer of enkamat on it.

Also, if its anything like the 9010, you'll max the body out reallllly quick with a meshmod.

Is maxing out the body a good or bad thing?

It makes it near impossible to tune, and you need to drop the water level in the body to compensate for the extra air.

Archived