Top Shelf Aquatics

BC29 Heat

occb2

Hi all. I've been reefing since 1989. I had a SPS tank 240 Gal for years and after a car took down a pole infront of my house when I was away.....I have been reef less. Now its been almost a year and I went to my friends store and picked up the bio cube 29. Love it so far. I put 32 lbs of LR and put a crush coral bed. No the question is....the tank runs hot. I did put the Saphire skimmer in the bio chamber, it's running well. But the temp in the tank stays around 82. My house has central AC and is at 72. What is up? Is there a way to cool this down with out a chiller. If not...what chiller would work with this? Thanks...

Rob

Livingonline

Mine ran hot also until I bought the lights and fans upgrade kit from Nanotuners. You can upgrade the fans fairly cheaply. Also the Rio 6HP pump does not produce as much heat as the Oceanic pump.

theimpulsive1

is one fan pulling in air and the other pushing it out (one will feel cool and other hot). My guess is that they screwed up when assembling it and put both fans pushing out

is one fan pulling in air and the other pushing it out (one will feel cool and other hot). My guess is that they screwed up when assembling it and put both fans pushing out

Something isn't right there... My BC29 runs 79 - 80 with stock pump and lighting. And that's with a heater holding it at 79.

I installed two 80mm fans today on my BC29. My ambient room temp is 82 degrees. After a full day with lights the tank temp is 84 degrees. After installing the two new fans which push pull 25 cfm, the temp has not budged from 79.5 degrees. I also switched the actinic and daylight bulb, so that when the actininc comes on, so do the fans.

I installed two 80mm fans today on my BC29. My ambient room temp is 82 degrees. After a full day with lights the tank temp is 84 degrees. After installing the two new fans which push pull 25 cfm, the temp has not budged from 79.5 degrees. I also switched the actinic and daylight bulb, so that when the actininc comes on, so do the fans.

I'm running a MJ1200, Koralia 1 and Sapphire skimmer in my BC29. Temp stays at 79.

Check that your thermometer is accurate.

troy-angela

i removed th stock hood and use a 130 watt coralife deluxe series dual pc which costs obout $160 with the legs which is sold seprate it realy helps with the heat but there is a little more evaperation i add about half a gallon every 2 days

Archived